Saturday, January 30, 2010

Worm hole whoring, Low is finally profitable

A few of the chaps from the 22nd decided to setup their own corp go live in a wormhole. I've been hearing a lot of about this new isk printing press and since I've usually been a poor part time pirate I've always dreamed of swimming in ISKies.

So our buddies started out in a C2 and are now in a C4. They've got them selves some super faction/deadspace fit Tengus that cost 2 Bil+ are rolling in wealth. I was half tempted to grab a few guys and go do one, but I remembered. There really isn't much pew pew in wormholes! So that plan was discarded.

While the 22nd has been in between things, getting our asses spanked in Syndicate and finding some Sov space to rent, we've gone back to Black Rise and have been living in Hykanima. Everyone has been a little bored is well a little broke. Well actually more like was.

I thought I'd give the exploration thing a try since that's what's good in low sec. Never had much love for high sec mission running. The only way I'd go to a high sec mission hub is if I felt the desire to do some Ninja Salvaging.

As I set out in my shiny new cov-ops (actually rusty new, it is a Matar boat after all) I discovered, well more like remembered, that there are wormholes in low sec! And what's best about these wormholes is that the majority of them tend to be C3. Easy to run with a couple of guys in drakes. We use the noobs for salavaging and make fun of them for not being able to fly any decent ships when we're bored. *Looking at you Azmodea*

Went in to the things and started learning the ropes. Holy fucking shit! We're rich! I can't believe I never thought of this before. Within a week we pulled out over 2 bil worth of ISKis. Far more than high sec mission running with a lot more fun. Sometimes you find people in the wormholes and then it's run to the PVP ships and gank em.

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't CCPs intention but they ended up balancing low sec. Us chaps who lived in low sec always complained it was the most dangerous space and it had no ISK. The 3 levels of Space were designed to have corresponding risk reward ratios. 0.0 the most dangerous was the most profitable. High sec which is the safest is the least profitable while low sec which should be in between in terms of danger should have a level of risk and reward in between 0.0 and high sec.

This however never was and you could never make as much isk in low sec as you could running level 4 missions in high sec. Wormholes have finally restored the balance. Thank you CCP.

Now you guys just need to fix the lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment