Sunday, April 11, 2010

Corporate Politics: Maneuvering

There are many pieces in motion and the music is playing. I carefully maneuver and wait. I don't like leaving things to chance. When the music stops he will be the one left standing. The pilots have started arriving from H-W. Most are still playing catchup. After the meeting tonight my position will be cemented. My first Corporation wide meeting as CEO. I lean back in my chair savouring the thought.

My mailbox flashes. A secure message. "Autoread." Excellent. The plan is falling in to place. He has been delayed. Family emergency. Waste of time. They make you soft. No wonder he lost control. This new guy is good. Expensive. That's what the corporate expense account is for. You can't put a price on reliability, especially with everything happening in the universe. Still, I have never really understood these Amarr. It's hard to know what someone will do when you don't understand what drives them. Power and ISK. Those are two currencies I understand.

There is a knock on my door. I can tell by the scent of the perfume it's her. "Sir?" I open my eyes. "Everything is in order for tonight's meeting. Shall I distribute the files to the arriving pilots?"

No comments:

Post a Comment